Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Lovely Weekend

We've had a pretty lovely weekend.

We started off with takeaway Chinese on Friday night. Normally we're very much Thai takeaway junkies but we discovered a good Chinese place up the road and ordered twice in a row. Good sang choy bow, good Cantonese style sweet and sour chicken..... Shame they don't do chips as Englishmen need chips with their Chinese!!

Yesterday we had a sleep in, made ourselves a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs on sourdough toast and tea, then went out looking at cars. My Englishman has finally decided that his little car will be no good for kids and has agreed to upgrade- with conditions of course! (his car also needs a few expensive fixes so while some have to be fixed to sell it, others, like new tyres, we can give a miss.)

We have only been able to agree on one type of car and even then, the sensible side of me thinks this is not the best choice of car. But the little bit of car hoon in me REALLY liked the car- its looks, its sound, it's comfy comfy seats..... We looked at two cars and have verbally bought one! A few financial things to sort out and we will have a new car very soon.

Saturday evening a had a Hen's party to attend for a lovely lady who is getting married in Italy very soon! Her husband-to-be and my Englishman are firm friends, so I'm glad we've gotten to know and like each other, too.
A week ago I had no idea what I was going to wear- being 6 months pregnant I have a limited 'going out' wardrobe (read- almost nothing). Lucky for me, my lovely friend Candice leant me some maternity dresses last weekend, perfect for nights on the town, weddings or other parties which require a certain level of dressing up!
A blazer, tights and boots and I think I scrubbed up pretty well.

after drinks, nibbles, games and some light entertainment, the Hens party headed out for Spanish tapas in Surry Hills for dinner. So.Much.Food!! And delicious too!

A quick dance after dinner and I was ready to head home so said my goodbyes and left the girls to party on. I had such a good time and hope there'll be an opportunity to go out with them another time, sans pregnancy.

This morning has continued the loveliness of the weekend! After a nice sleep in, we headed up the road to the new farmer markets at our local primary school. They're relatively new and I've only been up once before but was keen to head up and get some breakfast, then mosey around and find something nice for dinner. The Englishman was a little reluctant, being a tad hungover from keeping the buck company the night before, but luckily the free range bacon and egg rolls didn't disappoint (they even had brown sauce!!), there was Toby's estate coffee, and we found some yummy pumpkin and ricotta ravioli for dinner with a truffle cream sauce to top it off- mmmm decadent!

We also picked up a massive bag of fruit, all grown in Orange. The stall owner kept slicing pieces of pear off and feeding us- soooo good! We only wanted half a bag of apples and pears but came away with an overflowing bag instead! Not sure what we're going to do with it all......

We also bought some free range pork,apple and cranberry sausages and some cream delight potatoes for tomorrow night's dinner. Yum!

After we got home I spent almost 2 hours tidying, cleaning and generally making the house nice. Now I've say down, I'm done!! The Englishman is doing some more cot painting and after I finish this post I'm going to read, have a nap, maybe eat a pear or find a pear related recipe for later.

Have you had a lovely weekend? What makes a weekend lovely for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment