Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Easter

We're going camping for Easter!!!!

I've been camping for easter before, so you'd think I'd know better.....it ALWAYS rains at easter, camping is NOT the smartest idea in the world....but still, we're going.

I actually don't mind camping, but only within certain parameters. I never went camping as a child - my Dad had grown up being forced to go camping every summer so he was not a fan, hence our family holidays were to Port Macquarie and the Gold Coast, where we stayed in holiday apartments and went to theme parks....awesome yes but not quite the same experience as camping.

So my first real camping experience was as a late teenager with my then-boyfriend and a bunch of our friends.....lots of fun, as there was lots of booze, and swimming, and card games! And as long as we weren't camping for too long, that was fine.

My parameters for a good camping experience are thus:

* Don't go camping for more than 5 days at a time. After that, everything gets a bit dirty, a bit messy, and a bit not-fun
* If there are 2 people, you need a minimun 4 person tent. 4 person tent does NOT mean there is practially room for 4 people to sleep, its just a measurement of space!!!!
* There needs to be a toilet and shower block available, with hot water for showers
* I need an air mattress to sleep on (please note I actually HATE air mattresses but its SO much better than sleeping on the ground)
*At least some point in the camping trip, I need to visit civilisation. Even if it is just to go to Coles for 5 minutes, I dont care.
* Hair appliances, and make up, are not nessecary when camping. therefore, cameras are also not nessecary. No one needs to see Camping Fresh Miss Holly photos!!
* Finally, as long as there is adequate booze, a pack of cards, some good books, a beach, and somewhere dry to sit, you can't have a bad time camping.

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This post is hilarious! Although, I think you should amend your first point to "Don't go camping for more than 3 nights". ;) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha :-) Glad you liked it! We did 4 nights and it was fine - it rained but it was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love the no-makeup-no-camera rule! Glad you enjoyed your camping!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete